What does it mean?
It is normal for you to feel sad and upset sometimes. These feelings don’t last forever and you can feel happy and “normal” again.
Anyone can feel sad at times; even your parents or teachers can feel sad sometimes. It’s important that you speak to someone you trust if you feel sad, as they can help you to feel better.
When you experience feelings of sadness, you might:
- Find it difficult to concentrate
- Feel like you don’t want to eat
- Have a tummy ache
- Stop enjoying the things you usually like
- Stop seeing friends and family
- Feel like you can’t be bothered to do anything
What causes us to feel sad?
- Falling out with friends
- Struggling with school work
- Being bullied
What can make us feel less sad?
- Talking to parents or carers
- Talking to a teacher
- Spending time with friends
- Getting lots of fresh air
- Doing things you enjoy