What is Easy Read?
Easy read is an accessible format of providing information designed for people with a learning disability or other groups with accessible information needs. The easy read format is easy to understand because it uses simple, jargon free language, shorter sentences and supporting images.
The symbols used in our Easy Read documents are created and owned by Widgit Software. You can find about more on their website: www.widgit.com
- Dis-Dat – The Disability Distress Assessment Tool, also known as the ‘Dis-Dat’ tool can be used by medical professionals to identify distress in people with severe communication difficulties. You can download the tool here: Dis-Dat Tool
- STOMP – Stopping over medication of people with a learning disability, autism or both. You can read more on the NHS website.
- Constipation – There is more information on constipation and learning difficulties on the NHS website. You can also download this grab sheet: Constipation Grab Sheet. You can also watch this video on YouTube: Poo & You – Dimensions brief guide to constipation
- Learning Disability Mortality Review Programme – Watch Hertfordshire County Council’s video which explains how they are making improvements to the lives of people with learning disabilities by raising the standard and quality of care they receive. Watch the video on YouTube.
- Sensory App House – Free Sensory apps for stimulation, relaxation, speech therapy available to download: www.sensoryapphouse.com
End of Life Care
Download My Future Wishes EasyRead plan for patients.
NHS Improvement: Learning from deaths in the NHS.